Nestling between gentle pastures and ancient chestnut groves, far from the bustle of the city, Ginestous, a farmhouse dating from 1664 has been carefully restored to provide modern comfort while preserving its charm and character.
During your stay in the eco-friendly gîte, we invite you to leave your car in the parking to explore the wild nature of the unspoilt Viaur Valley. Whether you like to bike, hike or swim (or even climb), the Viaur Gorges are bound to enchant you. Should you fancy going further afield, Ginestous provides an ideal base to explore the charms of the Aveyron, department boasting nine of the most beautiful villages of France.
Since hiking is one of our favourite activities, Rick and I launched the initiative to restore and reopen many of the ancient paths of the commune; a brochure of them is available for you to explore the heart of the wild valley of the Viaur.
We will be delighted to welcome you and share our love for this serene and authentic environment. By the way, we were delighted to be included in the May 2022 issue of “Maison&Jardin Magazine”.
Lisou and Rick
- Ancient barn, completely renovated with eco-friendly materials.
- Light and spacious kitchen & living room areas.
- Modern, completely equipped kitchen (incl. coffee machine, microwave oven, toaster, etc.).
- Private, sunny terrace with view over pastures and woods: ideal place to take your meals.
- Living room with storage space.
- Bedroom on mezzanine level (not suitable for persons with disabilities). Queen size bed.
- Spacious shower with separate WC.
- Totally independent from the main house.
- TV, radio/CD player, Wi-Fi, dishwasher, washing machine, hair dryer.
- Organic veggies from the garden ( … offered during the season).
- Secure bike storage.
- Plancha available.
- Ideal for a couple
- Baby cot available
Sorry, no pets allowed.
To see / To do
Rates and availability
- Mid-season: 375€ per week.
- High-season: 400€ per week.
- Very high season: 475€ per week.
Prices include services (water, electricity, heating).
Rent of sheets, table linen and towels 20€/pers extra.
Satisfactory cleaning of the cottage before leaving is the responsibility of the renter: or cleaning may be arranged for 40€.
Room tax of 1.50€ /person/night in addition.